I posted the following in the Killink CSV support forum but decided it might be helpful if posted here to:
Starting with Killink CSV v1.2 add cell values are formatted as text. This is a change from previous versions which used a general format similar to the one found in Excel.
The problem with the general format is that certain values are displayed in a format different then the format used in the actual file. For example, using the general format the value 01970 is displayed as 1970. Notice the leading zero is removed. With a text format the value 01970 is displayed as 01970. Changing to the text format means you will see the value as it is found in the file, which in my opinion is a good thing.
This leads me to the question, do you want the ability to change the format of cells?
I see some advantages to this. For example, by allowing formatting you could easily convert dates from a Month Day Year format to Year Month Day. Is this something Killink CSV users would find useful?
- Run Killink CSV Under Linux
- Killink CSV 1.9 Finally Released!
- When is the Next Release of Killink CSV Coming?
- To The Customers of White Peak Software
- Excited About Expected New Arrival
- Whew...What a Month
- Some Problems with Killink CSV
- ANN: Killink CSV v1.2
- New Killink CSV Beta is Available
- Killink CSV Version 1.0 Released Yesterday