Ten years ago I had over 30 backpacks and bags. I was what you might call a bag whore. But I decided to downsize. I got rid of almost all my bags, keeping only a few that served multiple purposes. For example, my GORUCK GR1 became my every day carry, my laptop bag, and my travel bag. In fact, after buying my GR1 I told my wife it will likely be the last backpack I ever buy.
Boy was I wrong.
Over the last decade, I’ve slowly collected more packs again. I was down to two backpack ten years ago but today I’m up to ten. And that’s just backpacks. I’m not counting other bags such as duffles and snowboard travel bags.
Here’s the list of backpacks I currently own:
- Osprey Atmos 50 (Purchased in 2011)
- GORUCK GR1 “OG” (Purchased in 2012) To learn more about the GR1 “OG”, see GoRuck GR1 21L v 26L.
- Trek Light Gear Bindle Daypack (2015)
- GORUCK Bullet Ruck (Purchased in 2017)
- Osprey Ultralight Stuff Pack (Purchased in 2017 or 2018)
- Osprey Kamber 42 (Purchased in 2018)
- Osprey Manta 34 (Purchased in 2019)
- Osprey Kamber 16 (Purchased in 2019)
- Osprey Syncro 12 (Purchased in 2019)
- Osprey Farpoint 40 (Purchased in 2021)
What Isn’t in the List
I didn’t include the snowboard bags I have, though I’m down to one after giving away five of them last fall. I didn’t include the duffle bags I own. I have three of them. I didn’t include my Burton Beeracuda or storage bag for snowshoes. Or one of my all time favorite bags, the Red Oxx Air Boss. I love my Air Boss and I refuse to get rid of it even though I haven’t used it in more than ten years.
- My first GORUCK bag, GR1, purchased May...
- Achievement unlocked. Also my first day walking...
- First Two Trips with GORUCK GR1
- GORUCK GR1 Review - First Impressions