One of the things that annoys me most about the size of my iPhone 6 Plus is pulling it out of my pocket while at a bar or restaurant just to see why my phone buzzed. The majority of the time my phone buzzes because of an incoming text message. I have notifications turned off for almost all other apps, and I rarely. if ever, get phone calls these days, which is why I know the buzz is most likely a text message. And if I’m at the bar without my wife, then the person trying to reach me is most likely my wife.
So when the text message comes in, I have to pull out this big honkin’ device out of my pocket and light up the room just to see the message. I may reply, and if I do, it’s a short reply because, after all, I’m busy at the bar. Then I put the phone back into my pocket only to repeat all of this a few minutes later.
Receiving text messages doesn’t annoy me, but having to pull out and put away this big device every few minutes does annoy me.
It occurred to me that one of the possible reasons why Apple decided to release the larger iPhones was because they knew, thanks to the Apple Watch, that there would be no reason to pull out these larger devices from pockets and purses just to check notifications and send simple text messages and replies.
The Apple Watch will make the iPhone 6 Plus size less annoying.
- My first perfect month. Closed my rings...
- Argh! Thanks A Lot Apple
- Advice for new iOS freelancers
- How I post to my Jekyll site using my iPhone
- The Experienced Programmer's Guide to Getting Started with Swift
- From Trace To Slopes
- How To Do A Case Insensitive Search Using Parse SDK
- How To Present An Alert View Using UIAlertController When You Don't Have A View Controller
- My Upcoming Share Extension Talk At 360idev-Min
- Wish I Could Help But It's Not My App