I’m in the final stagings of writing my book, and to help out, the wife gave me the okay to spend a few days in Vermont along. No wife. No kid. Just me and my laptop.
The trip to Vermont has, so far, been great. It’s given me the time I need to make some real progress on the completing the book. It’s also given me time to do things I don’t normal get to do anymore.
Acknowledgement: Yes, I know what follows will likely anger the wife, but hey, I’m just trying to keep it real.
Things I’ve done this weekend that I normally don’t do:
- Write code for hours on end…uninterrupted.
- Work the book…uninterrupted.
- Go to sleep when I want, but more importantly wake up when I want.
- Have hours of peace and quiet. No talking. No socializing with others.
- And best of all, take a shower each day.
The combination of sleep and alone time is just want I needed. And the daily showers, icing on the cake.
Thanks Melanie and Rowan for giving me this time.
Update: I do miss having reliable high-speed Internet access.
- Life Is A Vacation
- Our Return To Whistler Blackcomb
- Andy's Wedding
- Pawleys Island with the Davis Clan
- Our Visit to the Eiffel Tower
- Silver Lake
- Blogging The Little Things
- Where I Blog These Days
- Reliving The Past
- No Plans For A Third Edition