Last month I mentioned Windows automatic update was maxing out the CPU on my computer after I installed PowerPoint 2007. It seems I’m not the only one dealing with the annoying issue. Here is a suggested workaround to the infamous svchost issue.
Also, here is another newsgroup thread talking about the issue that might be helpful to some.
Update: The workaround mentioned above does not prevent wuauclt and svchost from using 100% of the CPU but it does make the computer responsive again. Prior to applying the workaround the computer would be unusable for long periods of time.
- Retiring My CSV Editor
- Cannot Resolve Machine Name From Mac OS X
- How To Access a Windows 2003 File Share From Mac OS X
- When Naming a Configuration File program.exe.config is Bad
- PowerPoint 2007 and Outlook 2003 Don't Play Nice Together
- VIsta, Reigstry Keys, and UAC
- Delphi (BDS) Live Templates for SQL Server
- Windows Vista to Support 7,000+ New Native APIs
- Native Windows Code Is Here for a While
- MSDN Wiki