According to the Microsoft blogger Somasegar, Windows Vista will support more than 7,000 new native APIs.
Here is a trivia for you. We have added more than 7,000 new native APIs for Windows developers in Windows Vista. Examples of some of the exciting new areas where we have exposed new APIs include the new integrated search capability and the new peer-to-peer functionality. To get the whole story, please check out the Windows Vista Developer Story at the Vista Developer Center.
Further proof the native windows code is here for a while.
- Retiring My CSV Editor
- Cannot Resolve Machine Name From Mac OS X
- How To Access a Windows 2003 File Share From Mac OS X
- wuauclt svchost and 100% CPU usgage
- When Naming a Configuration File program.exe.config is Bad
- PowerPoint 2007 and Outlook 2003 Don't Play Nice Together
- VIsta, Reigstry Keys, and UAC
- Delphi (BDS) Live Templates for SQL Server
- Native Windows Code Is Here for a While
- MSDN Wiki