During our stay in Whistler last week, I kept saying to my wife I thought the snow conditions, which weren’t the best, were about the same as the conditions we experienced in February 2003. Turns out I was wrong.
The conditions in 2003 were much better. The snow was soft, and we did a lot of riding in the bowls. The base might not have been as deep in 2003, but it was certainly better. The hard pack and icy conditions this year limited where we could ride. Really, the only thing that was the same between the two seasons was the lack of new snow.
So how did I finally remember that the snow conditions were better when I was thinking they were the same? I re-read my postings from WASTED II trip, which was held in February 2003. Here are my postings from that trip:
On a related note, a long time local told me that the conditions this years are the worst he has seen since 1986.
- Our Return To Whistler Blackcomb
- NSSnow 2013
- My 2006/2007 Snowboard Season Comes to an End
- My view flying into LAX this morning....
- Enjoying a weekend getaway in South Carolina....
- Enjoying our spur-of-the-moment trip to Disney World...
- I love being able to board a...
- No WWDC Or SF Trip
- Life Is A Vacation
- Andy's Wedding