Last week I posted a few remarks on the lack of a free Personal or Trial Edition of Borland Developer Studio. A friend of mine wanted to give Delphi a try but unfortunately he cannot because Borland does not provide a way for him to do this.
As it turns out on the same day Marco Cantu made a newsgroup and blog posting on the exact same topic. And there were a number of replies from both sides regarding the issue, which I have included below.
Still I think it is a mistake for Borland to not have a Personal or Trial version available for download available today.
More of the topic from Marco Cantu.
And a differ point of view.
- Delphi (BDS) Live Templates for SQL Server
- Delphi 2006 Survey
- Namespaces in Delphi
- Parse CSV or Tab Separated Files Using Delphi
- wpsCsvParser Fix
- CSV Parser for Delphi
- Video Tutorials for Delphi
- FREE 3rd Party Tool bundle with BDS 2006
- From Delphi to C# and Back Again