I’ve been doing a bit of tinkering here at thecave. I realized I was using categories as if they were tags and for one simple reason. I didn’t have a way to support tags. That is, until now.
Tag support is provided in Jekyll, but I wanted something slightly different. I want the list of tags to appear at the end of a post just like the categories have for last couple of years. I searched for different ways to support tags with Jekyll, but I didn’t find anything suiting my needs. Then it occurred to me I could tweak the category plugins I use to work with tags, so that’s exactly what I did.
The Jekyll category plugins I use come from Dave Perretter. I made copies of category_generator.rb and category_list_tags.rb naming the new plugins tag_generator.rb and tag_list_tags.rb. Then I replace references to
tag in the source code. And BAM! I now have tag support at thecave.com.
You can find the source code for the plugins in my site’s github repo.
- Redirect Jekyll Site To HTTPS On OpenShift
- Made Some Fixes To The Blog Site
- New Site Theme
- How I post to my Jekyll site using my iPhone
- Hey Local Retail Stores, Update Your Website
- New kirbyturner.com Site
- Checkout The New Rowan T Site
- Product Website or Company Website
- Blogging The Little Things
- Do I Need Another Twitter Account