Recently I was asked to recommend some books for computer geeks, software developer and engineers, etc moving into management. Here is the list I came up with. The books on this list have definitely helped my career over time.
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams, 2nd Ed., by Tom Demarco, Timothy R. Lister
- Rapid Development: Taming Wild Software Schedules, by Steve C McConnell
- Software Project Survival Guide, by Steve C McConnell
- Dynamics of Software Development, by Jim McCarthy, Denis Gilbert
- Debugging the Development Process: Practical Strategies for Staying Focused, Hitting Ship Dates, and Building Solid Teams, by Steve Maguire
Posted in uncategorized. Tagged in .